We run two buses, one that covers the nearby towns of Otane, Waipawa and Waipukurau and a local bus.
Our town bus picks up in Waipukurau from Bruns depot, then from Waipawa and Otane. In the afternoon the bus has further stops in Waipukurau.
This bus is subsidised by the Home and School and the school Board and supplemented by a fee of $50 per term per child (capped at $100 per family per term).
Our local bus travels down Argyll Road and Raukawa Road. This bus is Ministry funded and is available to all eligible families. See Eligibility for buses for more information.
The Big Bus leaves Waipukurau at 8:00am, picks up at Waipawa, opposite Four Square, at 8:10am and Otane Hall at 8:25am. It arrives at school at 8:35am (approximate times).
The Small Bus travels down Argyll Rd and leaves school at 8:00am and returns to school at 8:30am.
The Big Bus leaves school at 3:10pm, drops off at Otane Hall at 3:20pm, Waipawa, opposite Four Square, at 3:35. In Waipukurau the route is as follows:
- The bus travels down River Terrace, stopping at the A W Parsons Pool, approx 3.40pm
- Right onto St Joseph Street;
- Right onto Russell Street, stopping at Scallywaggs;
- Left onto Herbert St;
- Through roundabout and straight down Porangahau Road, stopping just before St Andrews Street;
- Right at Wallace Road;
- Right at Fleming Road, stopping near Reservoir Road;
- Right onto St Marys Road;
- Left onto Porangahau Road, through the roundabout and along Herbert St, returning to Bruns Bus Depot, approx 3.50pm.
The Small Bus leaves school at 3:10pm.
Bus Monitors are appointed each year. Their task is to assist the driver by supervising the passengers both on and off the bus. Bus behaviour must be of a high standard for the safety of all passengers. At times seats on the big bus are allocated. Students with inappropriate behaviour will be asked to find alternative transport arrangements to and from school.